Business Insurance Account Associate
Position Title: Business Insurance Account Associate
Department: Business Insurance
Reports to: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Account Associates for business insurance work in cooperation with Account Managers and are responsible for assisting new and renewal clients with service needs. This an in-house position entailing a high-standard of support and collaboration on tasks assigned per the guidelines, procedures, and quality service standards of our agency.
Excellent communication, organizational, time-management and customer service skills are required. Candidates must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks, interact well with others, and work well in a team environment and independently. They should be proficient with Microsoft Office and other computer capacities. Candidates should have a college degree and previous experience in Business Insurance; however, appropriate experience may be substituted. Candidates should hold an active insurance agent’s license.
- Provide service and support to Account Service Managers (ASM) and/or Client Advisors on existing accounts and assist them in their delivery of commitments to clients.
- Assists renewal reviews and re-marketing as appropriate, to provide the client with the optimal solution in the coverage of their assets and the retention of the client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance for presentation to the client as directed by the ASM
- Maintains client accounts on agency automation system, documents conversations, properly attaches documents to Agency Management System, sends confirmations to insured clients and adheres to all other automation procedures that are, or become, established.
- Maintains follow-up and suspense system for outstanding orders and correspondence, follows-up on overdue and suspense items.
- Responds to carrier requests for additional information in a timely manner.