With a history of leaders involved in Vermont’s growth and development, and current involvement in non-profits and charities in the state, Hickok & Boardman lays claim to award-winning annual community service campaigns.
From the annual United Way Campaign for Northwest Vermont to our in-house “Here When You Need Us” initiatives, one of the aspects of our mission to sustain and nurture long-term relationships is safeguarded in how we continue to give back.
Hickok and Boardman has been proud supporters of the United Way of Northwest Vermont for over 75 years. This important and successful organization allocates the funds raised in their campaigns to local non-profits and other charities each year.
Our annual United Way Campaign takes place throughout the month of September. We have raised over $2 million for the organization over the years. In 2020, we reached a record of over $150,000 in funds raised and aim to break this in 2021 with a goal of $200,000 for our 200th anniversary.
We are proud recipients of several United Way awards:
- 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award (first & only recipient)
- 2012 Campaign of the Year
- 2011 Affinity Award (First ever)
- 2007 Live United Award
- 2005 Campaign of the Year Award
“Here when you need us”
Here when you need us is more than just a tagline. Our Here When You Need Us annual community service campaign engages our employees to offer both time and treasure in helping local organizations in need. Every summer, our staff chooses several charities across the state, where they volunteer a workday to a charity of their choice.
This annual campaign started in 2014 and we have accumulated over 1,500 hours of community service work to local charities including:
- The Humane Society
- Vermont Foodbank
- Ronald McDonald House
- Boys & Girls Club
- Habitat for Humanity
- & dozens more!
Our Community Leaders
We foster an environment that encourages involvement in the community outside of work. While we provide ample opportunity for all of our H&B family to be involved in our various community service opportunities, there are a number of employees who contribute time by serving on boards and committees of local and national organizations:
- American Cancer Society Chairs
- Barre Lions Club Board of Directors
- Cancer Patient Support Group Board of Directors
- Central VT Home Health & Hospice Board of Directors
- Champlain Valley Association of Insurance Professionals President, Vice President, and Members
- Flynn Theater for the Performing Arts Finance Committee Chair
- Lamoille Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Vermont Children’s Trust Foundation Vice President
- Vermont Independent Agents Association Board of Directors
- Special Olympics Vermont Board of Directors, Treasurer, and Committee Members
In more ways than just insurance, we are proud to support, protect, and offer a hand to the communities in which we operate – bringing greater meaning to their work life as active team members involved in the world around them.