Business Insurance Account Manager
Position Title: Business Insurance Account Manager
Department: Business Insurance
Reports to: Coordinator or Manager of Business Insurance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Account Managers are responsible for servicing new and existing business clients with a positive attitude while offering high level support in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business accounts. They ensure accuracy of data and perform essential functions in a team setting while delegating work and meeting sales/service quality standards.
This candidate is detail-oriented and organized, cooperates and interacts positively with clients and associates. Has the skills to orally and in-writing communicate issues, requests, and information clearly. Strong fluency in agency automation systems and technological competency including Microsoft Office. Should have industry knowledge, two-year degree or minimum 3 years experience as an account associate, a valid insurance agent’s license and thorough understanding of business insurance.
- Provide primarily in house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
- Works in partnership with and support of the Client Advisor as they ascertain the client needs and set account management strategy and/or focus plan for the account.
- Will accompany Client Advisor, as requested, to client office. May go to client’s office in place of Client Advisor.
- Receive phone calls and office visitors requesting changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Advise and assist clients by explaining coverage options/exclusions, making coverage recommendations, requesting policy changes, handling premium collections, and answering questions and concerns of the client. Responds to client service requests in a timely manner that will avoid potential E&O issues.
- Proactively informs Client Advisor of relevant changes and updates that materially affect overall client management strategy.
- Review aged receivables and manage notices of cancellation per agency procedures.
- In accordance with the client management strategy, regularly review current coverage, recommend changes in coverage or markets, and actively solicit increase in coverage or rounding out of account.
- Prepare proposals, schedules of insurance and recommendations for clients.
- Review with Client Advisors as needed and invoice all billed audits. Follow company direction and agency guidelines for disputed audits.
- Prepare quotes, proposals, applications, and supplemental forms for timely and complete submission to carriers for new or renewal accounts as directed by the Client Advisor.
- Competently and confidently discuss policy changes and coverage issues with underwriters while advocating on the clients behalf.