Client Advisor, Business Insurance
Position Title: Client Advisor, Business Insurance
Department: Business Insurance
Reports to: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position entails selling insurance and coordinating service to new and existing clients
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years experience in sales; however, appropriate experience may be substituted upon other qualifications. Candidates must hold an active insurance agent’s license.
• Achieve objectives established in annual Client Advisor sales plan.
• Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
• Contact and qualify prospective clients for the purpose of examining current coverage and determining insurance needs.
• Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
• Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
• Collaborate with Business Insurance Account Service Manager to ensure complete company submissions and account service, including claims issues.
• Anticipate future needs for established client to renew and upgrade accounts.
• Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
• Develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters.
• Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
• Keep informed regarding industry information and marketplace changes to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
• Develop positive working relationships with clients and company personnel.
• Work as a team with other staff members to achieve production and agency goals.
• Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
Access the job description and details for print or download here.
Where we are
Find us at one of our 6 office locations located in Vermont and New York.
Get a quote
We’ll connect you with one of our agents.